Welcome to my Colour Troubleshooter
This page will help you figure out why your photos don't look the same colour on Facebook as they did when you edited them.
- This article is about colour only. If you are concerned about the clarity of your images (eg sharpness or noise or graininess), read this page.
- This article is about Facebook only. If you have a problem with the colour of your images on other websites, please check again soon - I'll be preparing a troubleshooter for that as well.
- If your Facebook images have always matched Photoshop in the past, and there has been a sudden change that you can't explain, please make sure you do all the usual things like restarting your computer, and checking for software updates, before proceeding. Maybe it's simply a glitch that'll go away.
- This article concentrates on Photoshop and Elements, but should be equally applicable to Lightroom as well.
- This page might not work on mobile devices.
First, some housekeeping
Before we get to the specific Facebook issue, we need to check on a few fundamentals.
Are you ready?