Prepress is the vital link between the graphic design industry and the press printing industry. All graphic designers need the prepress skills to turn their creative concepts into printable files.
There is a lot that can go wrong in press printing, and a lot of expense if it does. So if you need to prepare jobs for CMYK printing, you need this class. I’ll teach you everything you need to know to provide a bulletproof PDF file to your print shop.
I am a certified Prepress tradesman, and I’m excited to teach you everything I know.
Two class streams
- The Prepress Class [Photoshop] is aimed primarily at photographers who are already skilled at Photoshop and prefer to use it for their occasional graphic designing. With the skills I teach you, you won’t need to spend the money to buy InDesign, or the time to learn it. Photoshop is not widely recognised as a graphic design program, but I promise you can do everything you need with it.
- The Prepress Class [InDesign] is for graphic designers and other people with the full set – InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. I’ll teach you to use those three programs to create professional press-ready artwork that will never cause issues on presses. THIS CLASS IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT.
What software is it for?
- Adobe Creative Cloud, Creative Suite 6 and Creative Suite 5.
What software is it not for?
- Photoshop Elements. It doesn’t have the necessary functionality, sorry.
- Understanding press printing terminology
- All about CMYK inks and profiles
- Vectors and the Pen Tool
- Managing black ink
- Preparing photos (including deep etching)
- Preparing logos and other design elements
- Building designs and outputting PDF files
What you get
- 24/7 unlimited access for twelve months
- Prompt answers to all questions
- Videos accompanying the written information
- Trouble-free press printing
- A membership account on Ask Damien
- A solid understanding of Photoshop’s layers and masks. This is not a beginner class.