The Raw Class
Don’t just shoot Raw “because somebody said to”. Once you genuinely understand the principles and power of a Raw workflow, your results will amaze you. This class gives you the knowledge and skills to convert Raw files into fabulous, clean, natural-looking photos every time. Never again rely on actions or presets for clumsy, imprecise editing. Once you know how to achieve great clean processing, your actions and presets can be used for their real purpose – to add style and creativity to your images.
Who is it for?
- New Raw photographers
- Jpeg photographers who want to make the important step to Raw
- Experienced Raw photographers who are frustrated with their inconsistent or disappointing results
What software is it for?
- All versions of Adobe Photoshop from CS3 to current
- All versions of Adobe Photoshop Elements from 6 to current
What software is it NOT for?
I remain hopeful that Adobe will fix Lightroom’s histogram and clipping warnings problems in the future, at which time I will teach it again.
- Understanding Raw data
- Histogram comprehension
- Tour of the Adobe Camera Raw interface
- Understanding and adjusting white balance
- Tonal distribution (Exposure, Contrast, etc)
- Noise removal and sharpening
What you get
- 24/7 unlimited access for twelve months
- Prompt answers to all questions about the class material
- A comprehensive set of reference material
- Plenty of videos to accompany the written information
- Proven, down-to-earth, simple methods for great results
- $79 for the Standard class.
- $115 for the Deluxe class, which includes mentoring.
- A membership account on Ask Damien
- I strongly recommend that your monitor is calibrated before taking this class. Â If it isn’t, you can’t trust what you are seeing. Â To get the most out of shooting in Raw, and to reach your full potential as an image editor, your monitor should be calibrated. More info about calibration can be found in this articleÂ here,Â Â along with other articles in theÂ calibration section of the site resourcesÂ here.
Sign up today!Â No waiting.Â Go HERE.
The first module is available for free! Read it here.